Many celebrities and health specialists are creating a buzz about mushroom tea. Not only do they claim it’s tasty and good for your health, but it’s easy to make too. Mushroom tea isn't a complicated recipe; rather, it's one of the simplest, and it can be made in the comfort of your own home.
Let us delve more into the recipe, which is simple and to which you may add your twist as per your preferences and enjoy some fantastic health advantages.
What Are Magic Mushrooms
Magic mushrooms are hallucinogenic substances that can alter a person's state of reality. The key ingredient in magic mushrooms is psilocybin. It is a naturally occurring ingredient that converts to psilocin when consumed, which is a chemical with psychedelic characteristics. They are part of the psychedelic drug class, which causes changes in cognition, attitude, and thought.
What Is Mushroom Tea?
Magic Mushroom tea is an infusion produced from edible psilocybin mushrooms and water that has a wide range of health benefits, including boosting the immune system, improving your mental health, reducing stress and anxiety, and improving digestion.
Learn more about the health benefits of Psilocybin and Magic Mushrooms.
Magic Mushroom Tea Effects
Let’s discuss the effect of consuming it so you know what to expect. When you consume psilocybin or drink magic mushroom tea, you will likely begin to get high about an hour after consumption, with the effects ending within about 4 to 6 hours. Of course, the results vary from person to person, depending on dose and mushroom type.
Some people believe that you will become high slower if you drink a larger dose over several hours. While this should reduce the likelihood that you will experience overwhelming, rapid hallucinations, it will also mean you are likely to have more prolonged (albeit mellow) effects.
Other anecdotal reports also claim that the speed you consume your tea will affect how you feel. If you sip your tea, you will experience a slow and steady rise, while if you gulp down your tea, you will experience a very rapid come up. This may sound fun for some people, but this may be scary for others, especially newer users. So like all other drugs, take your time, start small, and don’t overdo it.
How to Make Magic Mushroom Tea?
Psilocybin mushrooms have a distinct flavor from regular mushrooms. They have a rich, beefy, dirt-tinged flavor that is occasionally sunflower-seedy. One of the simplest and tastiest methods to cook mushrooms is to make tea. There are a few possibilities, and you're likely to already have everything you need to make this tea in your home.
- 3.5g Psilocybe Cubensis mushrooms, dried (Other shrooms may need other dosages)
- Two quarts of water (around 350-400ml in total)
- Two tea bags (decaffeinated, high-quality) tea or herbal tea (select something that goes well with the ginger aroma as well as the lemon juice that will be added later)
- One teaspoon honey
- A couple of ginger slices (this will reduce the chance of nausea)
- Lemon juice (optional but highly recommended) to mask the mushrooms' flavor
- One saucepan or kettle
- A large basin large enough to prepare everything
- To break up the dried mushrooms, use a grinding machine, mortar, pestle, or even a knife and cutting board.
- A coffee filter or fine mesh filter for squeezing the mushrooms left in the solution
- Mug of your choice
- Using a coffee grinder, shred the mushrooms into tiny bits. Remember, there's no need to grind them into powder.
- Fill a cup halfway with ground mushrooms.
- Fill the kettle or saucepan halfway with water and allow it to come to a boil.
- Remove the water from the heat and set it aside to cool for 20 seconds.
- Allow 10-13 minutes for the teabag to infuse.
- Remove the teabag and strain the mushroom leftovers from the cup, dumping the liquid into a basin. Return the filtered mushrooms to the cup at the end.
- Using a kettle or saucepan, bring the second cup of water to a boil.
- Mix a spoonful of honey, some chunks of ginger, and (optionally) a splash of lemon juice as the water heats up.
- Now pour this fusion into a cup.
Some Things to Keep In Mind
For folks who are new to mushrooms or mushroom tea, there are a few factors to keep in mind:
Do not exceed the gram limit for a low dose, and drink carefully; ideally, you should take 20-30 minutes to finish it as well, enabling the impact to build gradually and minimizing the danger of nausea (or even ruling out sickness altogether).
It's advisable to ease into the magical world of mushroom tea if this is your first time. It's scary enough if you take the "proper" amount and the effect climbs a little faster than planned. Just keep in mind that you're not racing anyone; there's always time for further experience, which will help you gradually learn how mushrooms interact with your body.
Nowadays, tea connoisseurs produce tea out of anything, and researchers are to be commended for analyzing and examining them and discovering previously undiscovered benefits. Mushroom tea is one of a kind, with several health advantages that can help with various conditions. What’s more, mushroom tea offers a wide range of types and versatility, which allows you to personalize it and enhance its delicacy.
The leftover mushroom bits can also be used in smoothies and with oatmeal. After all, a cup of joyful tea soothes the body, and mushroom tea is the greatest at it. This was the ultimate assortment of how to make mushroom tea, as well as a range of other mushroom teas, so simply put your own spin on this delightful cup.